Monday, July 4, 2011

Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins

 

I got this recipe from this website. I made two batches with both semi-sweet chips and dark chocolate. Jon says it's his new favorite and he's been bugging me to put it on here. I used:

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1.5 tablespoons orange zest
1/4 cup butter melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup orange juice
3/4 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I used regular size in the muffins and mini chips sprinkled on top)
2 tablespoons flour

It's really, really easy. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a big bowl.
 Melt the butter in a medium bowl. Then add orange zest, vanilla, sour cream, orange juice, and eggs.
 In  measuring cup I put in the chocolate chips and two tablespoons of flour and mixed them together.
 Then just mix the liquid ingredients into the dry just until moist.

 Fold in chocolate chips and then put in muffin tin. I sprinkled the mini chips on top. I've been wanting to try it with white chocolate chips but Jon says he doesn't like white chocolate. Boo.
 Bake 18-20 minutes on 375. I think they are average but Jon loves them and thinks they are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment