Sunday, July 10, 2011

Garlic Lime Chicken and Honey Roasted Potatoes

When Jon cooks dinner he likes to put lots of effort into it. Yesterday I had to cook supper since he was working and I wanted to put as little effort as possible into it. So I made this in between old episodes of The X-Files.


Garlic Lime Chicken:

This is a Taste of Home recipe. I love Taste of Home. My mom always got it when I was a kid and I always found the hidden toothpick. Always. Taste of Home rocks.

Ingredients:

1/3 cup of lite soy sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.
2 garlic cloves minced ( I used 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic instead.)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4-6 chicken breasts (I used thin sliced. I love the thin sliced!)

So combine the first four ingredients. Take out about 1/3 cup and set to the side in a different container.  Add the chicken. Marinate at least 30 minutes. You're suppose to sprinkle with pepper before grilling but I was thinking about X-Files plot holes and forgot. It was fine so I consider the pepper to be optional. Grill 4-7 minutes on each side or until chicken reaches 165 degrees. The extra marinade is for drizzling over the chicken when it's done.


Honey Roasted Potatoes:
Got this recipe off the potato bag. You can chop an onion to go with the potatoes but I didn't have an onion. I used:

11 small red potatoes (You can use more. The recipe is suppose to be for 1 1/2 pounds plus onion)
3 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon dried mustard
Salt and pepper to taste

Chop the potatoes. I halved the small ones and quartered the larger ones.

 Melt your butter.
 Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together.
Drizzle potatoes with sauce. Since I used less potatoes than the recipe called for I was pretty liberal with my sauce drizzling. I still had some left over.
 Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes. Stir about half way through.

Then I made a bag of boil in the bag rice. Put the chicken on top and drizzled with the extra marinade that I had set aside. This meal was delicious. The potatoes were basically candied and sooo yummy. It looks a little bland on the plate but it was seriously good.

No comments:

Post a Comment