Saturday, June 11, 2011

BBQ Chicken Sandwich

This is like the easiest dinner ever. I don't even know if I can call it a recipe. It is a huge hit around my house though and we make it almost every weekend.

Get some chicken (I like the thin sliced breasts) and some sauce. I use BBQ or honey mustard. For honey mustard I like Annie's. For BBQ my favorite is Bullseye. Bullseye is one of the few I have found without HFCS in it. Today we had Annie's Smoky Maple BBQ sauce.


Marinate the chicken in the sauce and stick it in the fridge. Go see a movie or do some laundry or take a nap or dance to Lady Gaga in your living room while using the broom as a mike. Whatever floats your boat.



Next step: Grill the chicken or bake it. OR you can use my preferred method which is to sip a cold drink, read trashy gossip magazines, and watch my husband grill it.


After it's done let it cool and then shred it. Then put it back in a pot and add some more sauce. This makes it extra awesome. Heat this up.




Then put it on a bun. I like to add pickles. The pickles really take it up a notch. One pack of chicken breasts makes about 4 sandwiches.




Eat. Think about how easy that was and how you now have more time for Gaga and US Weekly.

4 comments:

  1. What a great summer recipe! That sandwich looks delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am rolling. I NEED more time for Gaga and US Weekly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need more time for Gaga & US Weekly!!

    Excellent job -- I like the recipes and the pictures and finding a kindred gossip mag reading spirit. I must have my weekly fix of "Who Wore It Best"!!

    --W2

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to read how celebrities are just like me. They pump gas! And take pictures of their kids! It's so shocking.

    ReplyDelete