Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Best Broccoli

I got in a cooking funk there for a while and stopped making new stuff. Then yesterday I decided that winter was coming, I wasn't feeling so great, and I needed vegetables! So I made not just good broccoli, but the best broccoli ever. I would eat this broccoli every day for forever.  I also made some carrots that were lame because I didn't chop them fine enough. They didn't cook through and were blah. Also, a baked potato, but anyone with an oven, tin foil, and a fork can make a baked potato.

Anyway, on to the broccoli. I halved the recipe so double for more. I will next time. This is a modified version of the Barefoot Contessa's broccoli recipe.

I used:
1 bunch of broccoli
2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon lemon peel
1 tablespoon lemon juice

This was my broccoli. I didn't wash it because I read that washing it makes it not get quite as crispy when roasted.
:
 I chopped my garlic up.
 Then chopped the tops off the broccoli and tossed the garlic and broccoli with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Then I spread it out on a baking sheet.
 I cooked for 20 minutes at 425 degrees. I pulled it out once to toss a little about halfway through.
I put it in a bowl and tossed with another tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, lemon peel, and parmesan cheese.
 Look how crispy and yummy. So yummy. Then I served it with baked potatoes and those lame carrots. The broccoli was the star of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment